We will be having school trips across the year to enrich and support our learning. Some will be local and we can walk to them, whilst others will require us to use either public transport, or hire a coach. We will let you know in advance if a trip requires a payment to cover the cost of transport etc.
Our usual yearly trips include the following below:
- Each term, we will be taking a local area walk to observe and explore our local area, notice the seasonal changes and talk about local places of interest. Each walk will follow the same route and we will build a portfolio of seasonal changes along our route, with opportunities for children to create maps and learn about our local community.
- We visit the Cray Recreation Ground for sports, games or a visit to the play park.
- We will be visiting The Temple Church in St Mary Cray for special events and festivals, such as performing our Christmas Nativity Play on their stage.
- We will walk down to the Nugent Centre to visit Pets at Home, looking at and observing living creatures and learning how to look after and care for living things.
- We also hope to visit a local library, choosing books to borrow and sharing books with each other. Sharing books with each other is a great way to develop reading for pleasure and a love of books!
With any trip, we will also let you know if we need any additional adult helpers.
Please see Class Dojo or the Photo Gallery for photos from our school trips.