School Closure / Severe Weather
Arrangements in case of severe weather
St Mary Cray Primary Academy will endeavor to keep the school open. However, in the case of severe weather conditions, the following reasons may result in the school being unavoidably closed:
- Insufficient staff are able to come in to keep the school running safely
- Conditions on site are dangerous or health and safety cannot be maintained
- Conditions are considered to be or anticipated to later become too hazardous for travel
How will you know if the school is to be closed?
If there are severe snow/icy conditions and the decision is made to close St Mary Cray Primary Academy, we will post messages on:
- our website (www.st-marycray.bromley.sch.uk),
- email parents via ParentPay,
- our social media - Class Dojo school story, our Facebook and Twitter pages,
- the School Open Check website (https://opencheck.atomwide.com)
We aim to have all messages communicated on all platforms by 7:30am, or as soon after as possible.
Updates will be made on all of the above towards the end of the day to keep parents informed about arrangements for the following day.
Please check the above platforms before calling the school as the school phone lines will need to be kept clear for emergencies.
If severe weather occurs during the school day it may be necessary to ask you to collect your child/ren early. In this instance we will send a message as above. It may be an idea for parents to consider a contingency plan in advance, maybe arranging for another parent to collect your child/ren and look after them until you are able to collect them. Please note that children are not permitted to go home without an adult prior to the official school finishing time.