At St Mary Cray Primary we understand that the most important people in our school are the children. We also recognise that with this right comes responsibility. If every child in the school sees themselves as a leader and acts accordingly we will continue to get better and better. Each KS2 class has children appointed by their peers to act in leadership positions, and their role is to contribute directly to the School Development Plan. As pupil leaders we regularly meet to review our progress as a school and to take part in exciting events to make St Mary Cray even better. Some our pupil leadership roles include: School Council, Digital Leaders, English Champions, Maths Champions and AFL Champions.
Pupil Leadership is a key part of our SMSC learning as we prepare our children for their next step at secondary school and ultimately for their future life as part of society .
Things that Pupil Champions have changed this year include:
- Front covers for our SMSC scheme
- Improved reward system for behaviour
- Introduction of Green Pen Learning Week
- Improved Esafety provision
- Changes to Reading For Pleasure Project
- Introducing standard book reviews for all classes
- Leading a project on improving standards in appearance of the school