Thank you for the time and effort that went into filling in, ‘My Learning in Caterpillar Class’. The Reception Team enjoyed reading all of the comments about your child's interests and achievements from last term. In summary the children enjoyed learning new songs, new graphemes (letters) and phonemes (sounds) in phonics and making new friends. The areas they were most proud of were; coming to school with a smile, reading and being ‘Star of the Day’. The areas that they would like to improve on are; writing, speaking and counting. Taking all of these things into consideration we are introducing the following this term:
- The activities during Plan-Do-Review (child initiated) and Challenge Time (adult lead) will focus on writing, speaking and number.
- Continuing to learn new songs as a class.
- Handwriting competition three times a week for children to practise letter and number formation.
- Sending home weekly maths learning (more details to follow).
- Going on a school trip to the Cutty Sark Ship and National Maritime Museum which will encourage speaking, writing and maths before, during and after the trip.
- Changing the role play area to Doctors (chosen by the children) which will encourage speaking, writing and maths.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.