The Local Advisory Council
St Mary Cray Primary Academy is part of The Spring Partnership Trust, alongside Hayes Primary School, Castlecombe Primary School, Dorset Road Infant School, Leesons Primary School and Midfield Primary School. The LAC reports into the Trust Board of Directors. The Trust Board sets the strategic direction of the Trust and overseas the Finance and Resources Committee (FARCO), who are responsible for the finances and resources of all the schools in the Trust, and the Achievement and Curriculum Committee (ACC) who monitor the progress and attainment of all pupils.
The LAC is specifically responsible for:
- Holding the Headteacher to account
- Safeguarding of pupils
- Child protection
- Monitoring the views of parents, carers and staff
- Monitoring pupil behaviour
- Health and Safety
- Ensuring that provision is made for pupils Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development and ensuring that reward systems are in place to recognise pupils’ efforts and achievements
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met and that the school has appropriate policies and procedures in place.
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Trust Board and the Committee. The LAC is made up of representatives from the school community, including parents, staff, the local authority and the community. The LAC meets at least once a term. The notes of these meetings are available to view on the website or at the school office.
Any letters for the attention of the LAC should be addressed to the Clerk to the Local Advisory Council, St Mary Cray Primary Academy, High Street, St Mary Cray, Orpington, BR5 4AR or via email at: